Be Inspired Ipswich
Be Inspired Ipswich offers an opportunity for 6 young adults who are at risk of offending or have previously offended to complete an internship with Ipswich Borough Council in the leisure sector. The programme will be running throughout 2017 in partnership with Suffolk Police in the hope of improving chances for these guys of getting a job in leisure.
As with all Be Inspired placements funding for workshops and courses based on your interests and needs will be provided. The placements are somewhat fleixble based on your interests and skills set - you can get a feel for the role below.
- To shadow a fitness instructor to understand the layout of a gym, how inductions work and what is involved in becoming a qualified instructor
- Shadow fitness coaches to understand how to deliver exercise classes and manage class sessions
- To be a part of the team developing and creating marketing content for a promotion or holiday programme
- To learn and train in front line customer service working with reception teams and Supervisors at Crown Pools
- The Lifeguard induction to be completed after successful completion of the NPLQ and to work on shift on poolside
NPLQs will be funded for all interested Development Assistants who take up the role