Club Matters 2016 Highlights
Club Matters Workshops
Club Matters workshops are short training sessions, funded by Sport England and delivered across the country by Club Matters facilitators in a range of specific topics. The sessions will develop your skills, improve your knowledge and ultimately help you develop your club. They are for groups of at least 4 clubs and build upon the content of the online resources, but also include case studies, topical issues, exercises and a discussion section.
The workshops typically last approximately 2 hours and like all Club Matters support, workshops are open to anyone involved with a community sports club. The topics covered will mostly be relevant to those who have responsibility for, or involvement in running their club, either now or in the future. We encourage more than one person from a club to attend so that knowledge and business skills can be shared within their club.
Current topics include:
- Club Finances
- Club Structures
- Marketing Strategy
- Business Planning
- Tax Requirements for your Club People
Visit their workshop schedule here.
Club Matters support for your club
The Club Matters website brings together all of the previous support for clubs: Club Leaders, Help for Clubs and the Clubmark website. So those involved in running a club, it's time to breathe a sigh of relief.
Club Matters provides all of the following:
- Online Support – All the help and guidance you need, in all areas of club development from budgets to marketing. There will be a range of support available including online toolkits, quick reference guides and e-learning modules.
- Workshops – Club Matters workshops are free, short training sessions given by experts across the country. The sessions will develop your skills, improve your knowledge and ultimately help you develop your club.
- Mentoring – Whether you want long-term support, or just a short call to sound out your ideas, Club Matters mentors can help. The flexible mentoring scheme will offer more personal support to you and your club through online, group and one-to-one mentoring at a time and place to suit you.
- Club Improvement Plan – An online health check for clubs of all sizes and at all stages of their development, to establish where they are performing well and where they can develop. This will provide your club with a tailored development plan, identifying recommended actions and priority areas.
- Club Views – A club review tool allowing you to ask your members and volunteers what they think about your club and make suggestions on areas for improvement.
- Clubmark – The universally acknowledged cross-sport accreditation scheme for community sports clubs.
In short, Club Matters is a convenient and flexible tool designed to fit around you, with practical guidance to help your club attract and retain members, to improve and develop your skills and build a club that lasts.
We've created a new cash flow demo
We appreciate that managing the day-to-day finances can often seem a daunting or tedious task for your Clubs, however whether they are just starting out or have been running for decades, managing cash flow is essential to ensuring they remain sustainable. Our new cash flow demo here provides an overview of what cash flow is and why it is so important for your Clubs.
Club Matters Update
Club Matters is Sport England's one stop shop for sports clubs. Club Matters provides free, convenient and practical resources to help you develop and run a sustainable club. Click here to register for Club Matters so you too can benefit from the free resources available.
Here is an update on some of the ways your club can benefit from Club Matters…
Helping clubs create meaningful experiences for volunteers
We've refreshed the volunteering section of the Club Matters website to help clubs find, keep and develop their volunteers. From here, you can also download new insight and guidance documents. We're always on the look-out for clubs to showcase on our website, so if you have clubs who have a great way of managing, supporting or recognising their volunteers, we'd love to hear from you!
Free promotion for your clubs
We are always keen to hear how your clubs are using Club Matters and the impact on their development. If you have any clubs who would be interested in sharing their success stories then do get in touch at email@example.com and your clubs could be featured on the Club Matters website. See our latest video with Newbury & Thatcham Hockey Club to give you an idea!
Join the thousands of club members who have already improved their knowledge, established a local club network and shared experiences by attending a Club Matters workshop near you. They provide an opportunity for you to come together face-to-face with other sports clubs and learn from one of their expert tutors to learn more about a particular topic. Click here for more information.