Suffolk Sport Board
The Board shall consist of up to 12 people who shall direct the affairs of Suffolk Sport in accordance with its objectives and Rules. It will be responsible for maintaining the focus of Suffolk Sport and driving the business forward.
Amongst the Management Board's functions shall be to:
- Define and ensure compliance with the vision, aims, priorities and principles of Suffolk Sport and ensure these are set out in each annual report;
- Establish policies and plans to achieve those objectives;
- Approve each year's accounts prior to publication and approve each year's budget;
- Establish and oversee a framework of delegation and systems of control;
- Agree policies on all matters (other than those directly related to the employment of any individual) that create significant financial risk to Suffolk Sport or which affect material issues of principle;
- Ensure proper monitoring of Suffolk Sport's performance in relation to plans, policies, budget, controls and decisions;
- Recommend to the Lead Authority the appointment (and if necessary the removal) of the Suffolk Sport director;
- Satisfy itself that Suffolk Sport's affairs are conducted in accordance with generally accepted standards of performance and propriety;
- Take appropriate advice.
If you would be interested in joining the board when a position becomes available please contact John Clough, Director of Suffolk Sport