Links to Community Sports Clubs
Fostering links with Community Sports Clubs
- Good links between schools and community sports clubs are one of the factors that help to reduce drop-out of sport. Community sports clubs make it easier for young people to stay in sport, or indeed to start playing a sport for the first time.
- Links with community sports clubs can help raise the profile of your school within the local community.
- Links can increase the usage of school facilities for the benefit of the wider community.
- Links can offer access to sports opportunities that haven't previously been considered
- Links to Clubmark clubs that have reached standards to gain accreditation, can lead to an enjoyable and safe experience for young people. A full list of Clubmark clubs can be found at www.suffolksport.com/
Sports Development Officer (Children & Young People)
- C/O SCDC East Suffolk House, Station Road, Melton, Woodbridge, Suffolk, IP12 1RT
- 01394 444773