Grants and Funding
Suffolk Sport has helped bring in over £1.1 million of funding to local clubs and organisations over the last year.
There are many types of funding available depending on your requirements.
Suffolk Sport will provide:
- A link to Sport England funding advice. We will look to match you to an appropriate funding stream.
- Brief advice and guidance around what to think about and include within your application. For example, have you shown there is need for a project? How to evidence this need? (normally undertaken via a telephone call or via email)
- A free funding search tool
- Funding alerts in our monthly newsletter for those subscribed to receive funding newsletters.
- Advice on our own funding streams i.e. Sportivate, Coaching bursaries etc.
For larger facility funding projects Suffolk Sport will:
- Provide initial guidance and support via phone or email as above, with an on-site visit or meeting if appropriate.
- Review your application and sports development plan with comments and feedback given to the applicant.
- Provide a letter of support, if applicable, that states Suffolk Sport feels you have met the funder's criteria i.e the sports development plan links to Suffolk Sport and National Governing Body priorities.
Types of funding available
- Suffolk Sport funding - We have some funds available for specific purposes. Please visit our Sportivate section. Please contact Ben Jackson for more information.
- Coach Funding - access our coach funding page.
- Sport England funding - Sport England is committed to helping people and communities across the country create sporting habits for life. Sport England are launching funding programmes open to a wide range of organisations. These include sports clubs, voluntary or community organisations, local authorities, schools, colleges and universities. More information about these funding programmes can be found from Sport England
- Funding for Talented Athletes in Suffolk -The Suffolk SportsAid Foundation has been established to support local athletes. Working in partnership with SportsAid it's sole purpose is to raise money to support Suffolk's talented sportsmen and women to achieve their sporting goals.
- NGB Funding - For information on accessing funding from your NGB please visit the relevant website.