There are many sources of funding available for sports clubs and organisations to access. Suffolk Sport is here to help you find the right funding stream for you.
Suffolk Sport has helped bring in over £1.1 million of funding to local clubs and organisations over the last year.
There are many types of funding available depending on your requirements
Suffolk Sport will provide:
- A link to Sport England funding advice. We will look to match you to an appropriate funding stream.
- Brief advice and guidance around what to think about and include within your application. For example, have you shown there is need for a project? How to evidence this need? (normally undertaken via a telephone call or via email)
- A free funding search tool (link provided in types of funding section below)
- Funding alerts in our monthly newsletter for those subscribed to receive funding newsletters.
- Advice on our own funding streams i.e. Sportivate, Coaching bursaries etc.
For larger facility funding projects Suffolk Sport will:
- Provide initial guidance and support via phone or email as above, with an on-site visit or meeting if appropriate.
- Review your application and sports development plan with comments and feedback given to the applicant.
- Provide a letter of support, if applicable, that states Suffolk Sport feels you have met the funder's criteria i.e the sports development plan links to Suffolk Sport and National Governing Body priorities.
Types of funding available:
The cost of courses is often cited as one of the barriers to coaches obtaining the next coaching qualification level. To support coaches negate this, various levels and types of funding are available for application by clubs and coaches.
Click here to access the coach funding page.
National Governing Bodies
Some National Governing Bodies of Sport do offer specific funding options to their coaches. Please check with your local National Governing Body officer as to the possibility of any funding.
Bid Writing Service
Suffolk Sport has a proven track record in assisting organisations with funding bids.
In the last year we have helped bring £1.1 million worth of funding into Suffolk.
We are able to assist with a level of FREE advice for organisations and have a chargeable service for helping with the bid writing process.
The Chargeable Bid Writing Service includes the following enhanced support:
- Consultation on project development and/or project management of application
- Bid writing (in conjunction with applicant)
- Writing of the sports development plan
- Provide an evidence based needs assessment
- Community consultation exercise
- Obtaining planning permission/facility architect design process if required.
For an initial conversation about this service please contact Tony Bush or complete our enquiry form.