Diabetes & Exercise (15th November 2017)
- Suffolk FA
Bill Steward House
- Wed, 15 Nov 2017 (18:30 - 21:30)
By the end of the seminar you should feel confident and competent to plan, design and lead exercise sessions for individuals with diabetes mellitus. This seminar will be delivered over 3 hours. There is no formal assessment for this seminar but a quiz will be handed out to identify learning progress.
- Explore the aetiology of obesity, metabolic syndrome and diabetes
- Understand the recent prevalence statistics of obesity and diabetes in the UK
- Identify the benefits of physical activity and exercise in risk reduction and management of the condition
- Identify an exercise prescription framework and adaptations for a sports environment
- Understand basic nutritional advice
- Recognise and apply health and safety considerations
The minimum age for this course is 16. If you are under 18 you will require parental consent to attend. When booking, please notify us if you are under 18 so the correct consent form can be sent to you.
Cancellations and Amendments:
• All requests for cancellations and/or transfers must be received in writing to email@example.com.
• Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
• The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking as shown below.28 calendar days or more 100% Refund or attendee amendment
Between 28 and 14 calendar days 50% Refund or attendee amendment
14 days or less No refund or attendee amendment will be given.