Club Matters 2016 Highlights
Club Matters Workshops
Club Matters workshops are short training sessions, funded by Sport England and delivered across the country by Club Matters facilitators in a range of specific topics. The sessions will develop your skills, improve your knowledge and ultimately help you develop your club. They are for groups of at least 4 clubs and build upon the content of the online resources, but also include case studies, topical issues, exercises and a discussion section.
The workshops typically last approximately 2 hours and like all Club Matters support, workshops are open to anyone involved with a community sports club. The topics covered will mostly be relevant to those who have responsibility for, or involvement in running their club, either now or in the future. We encourage more than one person from a club to attend so that knowledge and business skills can be shared within their club.
Current topics include:
- Club Finances
- Club Structures
- Marketing Strategy
- Business Planning
- Tax Requirements for your Club People
Visit their workshop schedule here.
Club Matters support for your club
The Club Matters website brings together all of the previous support for clubs: Club Leaders, Help for Clubs and the Clubmark website. So those involved in running a club, it's time to breathe a sigh of relief.
Club Matters provides all of the following:
- Online Support – All the help and guidance you need, in all areas of club development from budgets to marketing. There will be a range of support available including online toolkits, quick reference guides and e-learning modules.
- Workshops – Club Matters workshops are free, short training sessions given by experts across the country. The sessions will develop your skills, improve your knowledge and ultimately help you develop your club.
- Mentoring – Whether you want long-term support, or just a short call to sound out your ideas, Club Matters mentors can help. The flexible mentoring scheme will offer more personal support to you and your club through online, group and one-to-one mentoring at a time and place to suit you.
- Club Improvement Plan – An online health check for clubs of all sizes and at all stages of their development, to establish where they are performing well and where they can develop. This will provide your club with a tailored development plan, identifying recommended actions and priority areas.
- Club Views – A club review tool allowing you to ask your members and volunteers what they think about your club and make suggestions on areas for improvement.
- Clubmark – The universally acknowledged cross-sport accreditation scheme for community sports clubs.
In short, Club Matters is a convenient and flexible tool designed to fit around you, with practical guidance to help your club attract and retain members, to improve and develop your skills and build a club that lasts.
We've created a new cash flow demo
We appreciate that managing the day-to-day finances can often seem a daunting or tedious task for your Clubs, however whether they are just starting out or have been running for decades, managing cash flow is essential to ensuring they remain sustainable. Our new cash flow demo here provides an overview of what cash flow is and why it is so important for your Clubs.
Club Matters Update
Club Matters is Sport England's one stop shop for sports clubs. Club Matters provides free, convenient and practical resources to help you develop and run a sustainable club. Click here to register for Club Matters so you too can benefit from the free resources available.
Here is an update on some of the ways your club can benefit from Club Matters…
Club Matters: The journey to date and the road ahead
Since it launched in 2015, Club Matters has sought to provide free guidance, support and learning on all the aspects of running a club. Club Matters has evolved to meet the changing wants and needs of sports clubs in England.
Here at Club Matters we plan to continue and grow with clubs and sporting societies at the heart of everything we do! But don't just take our word from it! Read on to see and hear some of our best bits from the last few years by clicking here!
Volunteering spotlight on Fred MacKenzie
Meet Fred, a two time Paralympic champion who has never let any notions of a 'disability' keep him from his passions- weight lifting and volunteering. Being diagnosed with TB from a very young age, no obstacle has stopped Fred from dedicating over 60 years as a volunteer and coach to the sport.
Learn more about Fred's deaddiction to volunteering and how you can encourage volunteers at your club!
Nottinghamshire Boccia club is creating a buzz on social media
As winners of Boccia England's National League Finals on two occasions, participation in the Super league and athletes competing in the BE and Heathcoat cups, Nottinghamshire Boccia Club is arguably one of the country's most successful clubs. But as all amateur clubs will know an incredible amount of hard-work and effort is put in behind-the-scenes, by the club's committee, coaches, volunteers and players alike, to keep the club running all year round.
Take a look at the work Nottinghamshire Boccia have been doing with their social media outreach here.