Be Inspired iCAN
Be Inspired iCAN offers the opportunity for young adults to complete 20 day internships, supported by course funding, travel expenses and mentoring. All of the roles are flexible to your interests and skills set.
We are looking for able/disabled 18 - 24 year olds who want to get involved in coaching/ sports development, particularly with disabled individuals. If you are interested but the locations or role description don't suit you, get in touch and we are happy to look into tailoring an internship for you!
Below is an outline of one type of placement.
Placement 1: Elatus Sports
- To shadow the Lead Coach and assist with all coaching delivery during the sessions with a view to developing responsibility
- To develop knowledge and experience and give them a knowledge and understanding of working with disabled people in a sports environment
- Develop soft skills to aid with coaching techniques and philosophy
- To assist with social media and email marketing
- To go over aims and objectives to see if they have been met. Offer feedback and gain feedback.