Be part of something special
What is Topcoach Academy?
Topcoach Academy is Suffolk Sports flagship workforce programme to support established, newly qualified and those just interested in coaching or instructing. Suffolk Sport, along with employing and delivery partners from across Suffolk have seen that to encourage more people to get active, we need a 'workforce' that is ready to meet the challenge.
If you are willing to commit to being part of Topcoach Academy, you will be provided with dedicated support and innovate training that will improve your skills as leader, help you to provide a more appropriate offer to your participants and enable you to work with like minded individuals from across the county.
What is Topcoach Academy trying to achieve?
The following list highlights the key objectives Suffolk Sport are looking to achieve via Topcoach Academy:
- Provide a bespoke and concentrated service to up to 40 'coaches' in Suffolk to enable them to become the 'best version of themselves'.
- Create a workforce that feels valued and enjoys playing a supportive role providing activity for others.
- Develop a workforce able to provide appropriate and flexible sessions to meet the needs of their audience.
- Create a culture of cross-sport learning
- Provide a range of innovative and challenging continued professional development courses
- More females to become coaches/ instructors in Suffolk; whilst equipping the wider workforce to deliver effectively to this target group.
- Supporting more disabled people to take on volunteering, coaching and officiating roles; whilst equipping the wider workforce to deliver effectively to this target group.
- Improve and enhance individual's opportunities for paid employment
Why would I want to be part of the Suffolk topcoach academy?
- Bespoke and innovative training
- Grow and develop your skills
- Enhance your CV
- Increase your employability
- Learn from likeminded people
- Be part of our coaching community
- Links to employers and work opportunities
- Mentoring programme
- Develop a participant centred approach
- FREE Adidas t-shirt
What do I need to do?
General applications to open soon!
If you are a Student at University of Suffolk please click on the page below.
If you are a successful applicant you will:
- Live, coach or instruct sessions in Suffolk
- Attend an academy induction
- Want to be part of the academy for 12 months
- Want to develop your skills and be willing to attend continued professional development workshops
- Provide information relating to delivered activities
£20 for students or those who are not in education, employment or training (NEET)
£40 for volunteer coaches / instructors (receive no payment for their services)
£60 for professional coaches/instructors
For more information contact: