Vision, aims, objectives and principles
The vision of Suffolk Sport is to make Suffolk a physically active and successful sporting County through the provision of high-quality opportunities for everyone.
The aims of Suffolk Sport are to provide:
- Effective decision making across sport and other sectors through the gathering, interpreting and disseminating of key performance data and other information.
- A single system for engaging and developing young people through sport, which is simple and understood by the sports sector and wider partners.
- A single point of contact for sport in Suffolk, sharing good practice and innovation, to support effective delivery on the ground.
- A quality club environment providing more opportunities for more participants.
- A high-quality workforce matched to the needs of the county.
- A culture of continuous improvement built around a robust performance framework.
- Effective Co-ordination ensuring national, regional and local policy is implemented to meet the needs of local communities.
- An effective and efficient contribution by sport and physical activity to the achievement of wider community benefits.
Priority areas of work shall be:-
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Pathways for Young People
- Promotion and Marketing
- Club Development
- Workforce Development
- Performance Measurement
- Strategic Planning
- Community Well-being
Our Values & principles are :-
The following principles will underpin everything Suffolk Sport does
- Promotion of safe, equitable and inclusive sporting practice
- Operate with integrity, impartiality and openness
- Value individuals and the contribution they make
- Aim to deliver high-quality and value for money services
- Strive for continuous improvement and best practice
- Promote fair play and enjoyment.