Suffolk Sports Awards Nominations are open
Posted: Thu, 04 May 2017 15:14
Nominate your local sporting heroes and projects at the 2017 Suffolk Sports Awards.
Recognise the dedication of inspiring volunteers and sports personalities in local sport and give your clubs, community projects and sporting heroes across Suffolk the recognition they deserve at the 2017 Suffolk Sports Awards.
Nominations are open for the county sports awards and close 29th August. The shortlisted nominees will be featured in films and inspirational stories at the Sports Awards Ceremony taking place at The Hangar at Kesgrave Hall Friday 3rd November.
The Suffolk Sports Awards recognise and celebrate excellence in sport, physical activity and wellbeing in Suffolk and are awarded across eight categories:
- The Harrod UK Sports Personality of the Year Award
- The Archant Young Sports Personality of the Year Award sponsored by Archant
- The BBC Radio Suffolk Unsung Hero Award
- Topcoach Academy Coach of the Year Award
- Sentinel Leisure Club of the Year Award
- Abbeycroft Leisure School of the Year Award
- Active Waveney and Sentinel Leisure Lifetime Achievement Award*
- The Elena Baltacha Award*
*not eligible for public vote
The eight award nominations will be shortlisted by an independent panel of judges and shortlisted nominees will be announced on 18th September.
During the awards ceremony four key community sports projects, sponsored by Milsom's at Kesgrave Hall, will be showcased demonstrating their impact and benefit to the local community, getting the Suffolk population active. The People's Choice Community Project Showcase is nominated and voted for by the general public and have a short video made and will be unveiled during the awards ceremony. The top five projects receiving nominations before 4th July will be put forward to a public vote on the Suffolk Sport Facebook page from 11th to 18th July.
Showcases sponsored by Milsom's at Kesgrave Hall.
- Health and Wellbeing - increasing participation and changing behaviour
- Improving Lives - delivering sport and activity interventions
- Strengthening Communities - successful inward investment for sport and physical activity through collaborative working
- People's Choice Community Project - nominated and voted for by the public
For awards criteria and to submit your nominate online visit www.suffolksport.com/SSA2017
Tickets for the Sports Awards Ceremony taking place at Milsom's Kesgrave Hall 3rd November go on sale 2nd September.