Club Matters 2016 Highlights
The Club Matters website brings together all of the previous support for clubs: Club Leaders, Help for Clubs and the Clubmark website. So those involved in running a club, it's time to breathe a sigh of relief.
Club Matters provides all of the following:
- Online Support – All the help and guidance you need, in all areas of club development from budgets to marketing. There will be a range of support available including online toolkits, quick reference guides and e-learning modules.
- Workshops – Club Matters workshops are free, short training sessions given by experts across the country. The sessions will develop your skills, improve your knowledge and ultimately help you develop your club.
- Mentoring – Whether you want long-term support, or just a short call to sound out your ideas, Club Matters mentors can help. The flexible mentoring scheme will offer more personal support to you and your club through online, group and one-to-one mentoring at a time and place to suit you.
- Club Improvement Plan – An online health check for clubs of all sizes and at all stages of their development, to establish where they are performing well and where they can develop. This will provide your club with a tailored development plan, identifying recommended actions and priority areas.
- Club Views – A club review tool allowing you to ask your members and volunteers what they think about your club and make suggestions on areas for improvement.
- Clubmark – The universally acknowledged cross-sport accreditation scheme for community sports clubs.
In short, Club Matters is a convenient and flexible tool designed to fit around you, with practical guidance to help your club attract and retain members, to improve and develop your skills and build a club that lasts.
We've created a new cash flow demo
We appreciate that managing the day-to-day finances can often seem a daunting or tedious task for your Clubs, however whether they are just starting out or have been running for decades, managing cash flow is essential to ensuring they remain sustainable. Our new cash flow demo here provides an overview of what cash flow is and why it is so important for your Clubs.
Club Matters Update March 2017
Club Matters is Sport England's one stop shop for sports clubs. Club Matters provides free, convenient and practical resources to help you develop and run a sustainable club. Click here to register for Club Matters so you too can benefit from the free resources available.
Here is an update on some of the ways your club can benefit from Club Matters…
Welcoming women and girls to your club
To support the return of Sport England's This Girl Can campaign, we've created guidance
specifically for sports clubs to help you think about how you can welcome women and girls. We
explore the motivations behind women doing sport, outline potential barriers which may stop
them from becoming regular club members and give practical tips that you can follow at your club
to overcome these. Click here to access the new guidance.
Deliver a great experience to your members every time
The first impressions of your club could be the difference between someone joining or not. By
creating a welcoming environment filled with positive experience, you will not only encourage
potential new members to join but you will also maintain your current members' interest and
engagement. Find out more about delivering a great experience by clicking here.
Boost your club by attending a free Club Matters workshop.
Our monthly Webinar series 'Club Matters navigation of tools and resources' continues to run and we are welcoming clubs to join these sessions. If you'd like to promote these short webinars to you Clubs we are very happy to draft the promotional information for you.
· 10.30am – 11.30am, Tuesday 4th April 2017
· 10.30am – 11.30am, Friday 5th May 2017
If you, your colleagues or clubs would like to attend one of these monthly Webinar sessions, simply click this link to sign up. Please note that to receive the details for the Webinar sign in, each attendee will need to register for the session from a separate Club Matters account.
Join the thousands of club members who have already improved their knowledge, established a local club network and shared experiences by attending a Club Matters workshop near you. They provide an opportunity for you to come together face-to-face with other sports clubs and learn from one of their expert tutors to learn more about a particular topic. Click here for more information.